Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Do the math...

Okay, so I bet why you are wondering about the title "Do the math...". First, let me explain. This past weekend was the Monroe Ball, and mom and I were supposed to go. But, events happened, car diagnostics passed, and mom decided to not go. Oh, well. As you can imagine, I was a little sad, so my dear mum decided to have an adventurous weekend. Kayaking was what she decided. So, I agreed (aren't I nice?), and we got ready to leave Saturday morning at around seven. We got to Lake Conroe at around nine thirty and set out to paddle. Our kayaks were rather long, mom's being fifteen feet long and mine being sixteen feet long. But not before we put on sunscreen. So, we kayaked around the calm water, and then headed out into the open water. The waves weren't that high, but in a kayak, that happens to be shallow and rather easy to tip over, they were a bit much for me. But, mom used her powers of persuasion, and we headed out to the other side of the lake. There and back, plus the hour of getting used to paddling, equals a total of three hours on the lake. (I usually was ahead of mom, being younger and a tad stronger...*grin*). We eat at the nice little restaurant were they allow 'soggy bottoms'. Which was good considering that my Capri's were soaking. Mom changed clothes. No sense of adventure...any ways. I, of course, fall asleep in the car on the way home. When I woke up, we were close to home, and mom pointed something out to me...here's were you guys and gals come in. What does three hours of being in direct sunlight plus bare lower legs and no sunscreen equal???
Red, red, red legs. Or.... sunburn...yep. It's actually quite funny. I have this line an inch below my knees that is slightly diagonal that goes from white-ish to red...hehehe...
I've learnt my lesson, but I'm still going kayaking. It's fun, and gives your arms a good work out.
Plus, Lake Conroe is beautiful. The water is warm and clean, as clean as it can be, and it’s a friendly place to be, with family and friends having fun.
God bless you,
Megan

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I purposedly stayed behind to keep an eye on you in case you rolled over or something! That's what mothers should do- protect their children! :-)

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger JFC said...

Well, I said this on Xanga ... and then realized you posted here, too. (My RSS Reader must not be doing its job.) Anyway, I'll say it here, too.

Said Mum did acknowledge in private conversation that you were a better paddler than her. Which I find hard to understand, seeing as parents have so much more experience with "paddling." :)

Speaking of Soggy Bottoms ... when I heard that the bluegrass song "Man of Constant Sorrow" (from Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?) was performed by the "Soggy Bottom Boys" I thought of a quartet of 1 to 2 year old boys in droopy diapers.

Have a great week, Megan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home